Some indeed preach Christ from envy and rivalry, but others from good will. The latter do it out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. The former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely but thinking to afflict me in my imprisonment.
- These verses describe two different preachers. Are the two preachers preaching a different message or are they preaching for different reasons?
- What are some bad motives, or bad reasons, to preach Christ?
- What are some good motives, or good reasons, to preach Christ?
- Should Christians stop sharing the gospel if sharing the gospel gets them into trouble? Why? See Acts 5:27-32.
- Paul had opponents who tried to hurt him. How can you prepare yourself for times when people might oppose you for doing what is right?
- What are some ways gospel churches compete against one another?
- What are some ways for you to show your love and support for Christians who belong to other churches?