What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance,
- What is the one thing preachers should always proclaim?
- Why do we rejoice when Christ is preached?
- Who preaches Christ to you and who teaches you about Christ?
- Paul expresses his confidence in the prayers of the church. How can we have confidence in prayer? See John 15:7.
- God is sovereign over the details of our lives. Talk about some ways the Holy Spirit might have helped free Paul from prison.
- One way we help people is by praying for them. Who needs your prayer-help? Pray together.
Paul rejoiced because the church prayed for his deliverance and the Holy Spirit will make it happen. What are you hoping God does through the prayers of your church and the help of the Holy Spirit?