Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents. Phil.1:27-28a
1. In verse 27, Paul turns to his audience with a command. What is this command? How are we to obey it? (See Eph 4:1-3)
2. Paul was concerned that the believers conduct themselves in a worthy manner, whether he was present with them or not. Why is it important to live a life consistent with the Gospel regardless of who is watching?
3. What did Paul desire to hear about the believers in Philippi?
4. Paul addresses the church at Philippi and not just individual followers of Christ. How is standing firm in one spirit within a community of believers better than standing alone? What are some evidences of unity within your home? Within your church? Pray that your family & church will be one in mind and spirit.
5. What is the goal of our striving together? With whom are you working side by side in this cause?
6. How does standing firm and striving with other believers drive out fear?
7. How does faith in the Gospel compel us to respond to opposition? (Matthew 5:38-48)