14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.
1. What is so sinful about “grumbling” and “disputing”? Why would Paul say to avoid these things in order to be blameless and innocent?
2. Is being blameless and innocent better than getting your own way? If so, why do we have such a hard time not grumbling or disputing?
3. Describe the ways our society is “crooked and twisted.”
4. How are “children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation” similar to “lights in the world”?
5. What does it mean to “hold fast to the word of life”?
6. How does holding fast to the word of life help us avoid complaining and bickering and become shining lights for God?
7. Who in your life has encouraged you to persevere in faith?