These questions are provided for you to discuss the sermon and its implications with a friend or family member.
- In response to God’s word, what needs to change about your attitude or response to government?
- In what ways have you seen people make either Uncle Sam or autonomy their messiah? Where are you tempted?
- Reread Romans 13:1, Titus 3:1, and 1 Peter 2:12-14. Why does the church need to be reminded of this command?
- What is gained by believing God is sovereign over all rulers and authorities? How can this truth be misused?
- In what ways should government commend good and condemn evil?
- Is there any part of your life where you fear the government because you are doing what is evil? What would repentance look like?