Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you is no trouble to me and is safe for you. Look out for the dogs, look out for the evildoers, look out for those who mutilate the flesh.
- Have each person talk about something he/she enjoys or is a lot of fun.
- What does it look like for you to rejoice in the Lord?
- Why do we need to be told repeatedly to rejoice in the Lord? See Philippians 1:25-30 and 2:17-18.
- Dogs often eat garbage or dead animals, so the Jews considered dogs unclean. Read Matthew 15:10-11. What makes a person unclean?
- An evil worker is someone who preaches a false gospel. What is the true gospel and what are some false gospels?
- Read 1 Kings 18:25-29. Does cutting the flesh cause God to listen?
- What are some things that look religious or godly but can get in the way of you trusting Jesus?