For we are the circumcision, who worship God by the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh—though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also.
- What are some of the marks or characteristics of members of your family? These marks can include things you say or do, places you regularly go, or physical features.
- Under the old covenant, circumcision marked or characterized the people of God. If a male was not circumcised could he be a part of the people of God?
- According to Philippians 3:3-4a, what are the defining marks of the people of God?
- What does it mean to worship God by the Spirit of God? Study 1 Corinthians 2 for help.
- What does it mean to glory in Christ Jesus? Study 1 Corinthians 1:18-31 for help.
- What does it mean to put no confidence in the flesh? Study Romans 3:19-31 for help.
- Discuss some of the ways you can worship God by the Spirit of God, glory in Christ Jesus, and avoid putting confidence in the flesh?