10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
- How do you rejoice and show your gratitude when others express concern for you or give you help?
- Under what circumstances do you find it difficult to receive help from others? Why?
- There may be instances when you need help, but nobody is available. Is it right to assume nobody cares when your need is not met? Why or why not?
- Discuss what would keep you from being able to meet somebody’s needs.
- How can you express your care for someone and your desire to help them, even if you are unable to provide them what they need?
- What could make Paul content (that is, believe that what he had was enough), even when he was not receiving the help he needed?
- Is it easy to be content when things don’t go your way? How do you strive for contentment in all things?